Posted by Agnes Iley , Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:44 AM

Sample resolved

O.k. stitch it is!
image
If this sample has taught me anything then it is that I am an absolute control freak!
Stitches need to go where I tell them to go and not somewhere in the vicinity of where I want them!
Free motioning the colour blocks wasnt a problem.  I even managed to get some variation in depth between the rows of people. So I was quite pleased with that.
My frustration started when I started to use the jeans weight thread.
Some test runs proved that I couldnt use the heavy weight thread on both top and bottom. So I used a rayon thread in the bobbin and the jeans thread on top.
My machine still wasnt very happy with this. Moving the fabric around became quite jerky, which resulted in a lot less control.
So frustration all around……and why???? The outline had to be sketchy, but (in my mind) not this sketchy!  
On the other hand its my first real free motion piece.hmmm; the jury is still out on this one!

2 Response to " "

Jean Bernard Says:

Love the work Olga! I especially like the jagged stitches below. Looks like a halo of barbed wire ! You a control freak ? hmmmmmmmmmm Not YOU ! :)
love ya. Hello to Tony.
Jean

Cindi aka Moon Goddess Says:

Become one with the machine....your heart will do the rest. I like the way it is turning out. From one control freak to another!

Post a Comment