Posted by Agnes Iley , Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:21 AM

Stage 4 Colour moods and themes

Moods, colours and marks

I think I already wrote about my uncertainty to split hairs between what creates a mood.

Is it the colour, the mark or both?

I decided to try a little experiment. On the website www.colourlovers.com you can pick a pattern from their library and play with the colours in that pattern.

image

What a difference a colour makes……

However did this answer my initial question? Well no… I needed to repeat my little experiment by keeping the same colours but this time changing the pattern. Now I ended up with this.

image

Based on this little experiment I dare to say that the colour influences the mood more than the marks. Every time the blue shines through the strongest I can’t seem to call it anything but “bright” and “cheerful”. Even in a potentially very moody pattern like the last “woven style one”.

1 Response to " "

Anonymous Says:

Thanks for the link to colorlovers - could potentially be a really useful tool. I love your work and blog. The way to interpret the exercises is really inspirational.

Post a Comment